1/8/23: Changing Starts with Choosing
Three Essential Questions:
- What did you hear? What point in this message was most impactful to you?
- What do you think? How did this message challenge, change or affirm your thinking?
- What will you do> How will you put into practice what you’ve learned?
I Changing always starts with choosing
“Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but let God transform you into a new
person by changing the way you think.” Romans 12:2 (NLT)
Question: According to the key verse above, what is God’s role in resetting
our mind? What is our role?
II Three reasons changing my life must begin with changing my mindset
- Because my thoughts direct my life
“Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.”
Proverbs 4:23 (NCV)
- Because my struggles happen in my mind
“I love to do God’s will so far as my new nature is concerned; but there’s something else deep within me that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin within me. In my mind, I want to be God’s servant, but instead I find myself still enslaved to sin.” Romans 7:22-23 (LB)
Question: There is a “war” deep within, between your old nature and your new
nature. Satan also whispers temptations, doubts and fears. How can we quickly
recognize the attacks we come under and swiftly steer away from them?
3. Because it’s where God’s Spirit works in me!
“Let the Spirit change your way of thinking and make you into a new person.
You were created to be like God….” Ephesians 4:23-24 (CEV)
Question: Discuss how you can cooperate with God and allow his Spirit to
change your mind and reset your life.
III Daily choices that change your thinking”